Tuesday 21 February 2012

Messy play!

After a suggestion from the staff at the Children's Centre we go to I decided to make a cornflour/water mixture for Sophia to play with. Having no idea what quantities of each to use I experimented and ended up taking ages to get it to the right  consistency but we got there eventually!

Sophia wasn't quite as interested in playing with the mixture as I hoped and decided that eating the newspaper I'd put down to protect the floor was a better idea (cue lots of tears when I stopped her...)
We had a few smiles after the tears but the newspaper remained more attractive than the cornflour so we called it a day pretty quickly!

I don't think I'll be repeating this for a while but if I do I'll add some food colouring to make it a bit more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment